7 Commitments for the Discipleship of the Next Generations
In Zealous, long time pastor and Truth78 executive director David Michael describes a fervor and diligence born out of a passion for God and His glory and presents seven commitments that provide a vision and framework for your discipleship of the next generation, so that they might set their hope in God (Psalm 78:1-8).
- Are you burdened for the children growing up in your home and church to trust in Christ?
- Do you wonder if you’re doing the right things to lead them to saving faith?
- Have you lost heart in your efforts to teach and guide the next generation?
“Do not be slothful in zeal,” the apostle Paul urges, “be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.” (Romans 12:11)
The next generation needs parents, teachers, and church leaders who are zealous for their discipleship. But where does zeal come from? And what does zealous discipleship look like day to day?
Part I: What is Zeal and Why Does it Matter?
Part II: The 7 Commitments for the Discipleship of the Next Generations:
- Embrace a biblical vision for the faith of the next generation.
- Foster a robust partnership between church and home.
- Teach the breadth and depth of the whole counsel of God.
- Proclaim the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Disciple the mind, heart, and will.
- Pray with dependence on God’s sovereign grace.
- Inspire worship of God, for the glory of God.
Part III: Do Not Lose Heart
About the Author
David Michael is the Executive Director of Truth78. He served in church ministry for 33 years, including five years as Pastor for Next Generations at College Park Church in Indianapolis, where he still serves as an elder. For 28 years, David served at Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, MN. He and his wife Sally have two daughters and three grandchildren.