True Stories of God at Work in Papua, Indonesia
In 1938, in the remote highlands of a mountainous island, explorers discovered thousands upon thousands of tribal people. Missionaries began to come, to bring the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Little did they know that many of the people of the tribes had long awaited someone who would come and help them out of the darkness of their old way of life.
Witness Men consists of true missionary stories that took place throughout the highlands of Papua, Indonesia, from 1955 to 2010, when one of the tribes received their first New Testaments.
Recommended Reading Level:
Read aloud to: ages 6-8
Read on my own: ages 9-14
About the Author
Rebecca Davis is a writer and teacher who lives in Greenville, South Carolina, U.S.A. She has written several books for children as well as magazine articles for adults, and loves to speak about the Lord. She and her husband, Tim, have four children. Rebecca blogs at www.heresthejoy.com and it is well worth reading! She is also the author of more missionary stories found here at Grace & Truth Books, by these titles:
- Return of the White Book: True Stories of God at Work in Southeast Asia
- With Two Hands: True Stories of God at Work in Ethiopia
- Living Water in the Desert: True Stories of God at work in Iran
- Lights in a Dark Place: True Stories of God at work in Colombia
- The Good News Must go Out: True Stories of God at work in the Central African Republic