Walking with God in the Season of Motherhood
An Eleven (11) Week Devotional Bible Study
Being a mom usually means being busy. Really busy. Whether you’re zipping from your children’s piano lessons to their next ballgame or nursing a baby while comforting a toddler, life is brimming with activities. Yet one encounter can help shape every moment: time in the Word with Jesus.
In Walking with God in the Season of Motherhood, you’ll learn how to nourish your own heart, mind, and soul with the wisdom you need to become the mother you long to be.
An eleven-week Bible study to help shape your life according to God’s will in:
· Understanding and pursuing your purpose as a mother
· Living out your true priorities
· Entrusting your child to God
· Bearing the fruit of the Spirit in your everyday interactions
· Recovering from Perfect Mom Syndrome (PMS)
Each week offers four days of study geared specifically to a mother’s concerns, with the Bible passages already printed out for your convenience. The fifth day is a warm-hearted devotional reading to help you reflect on and apply the truths you’ve learned.
As your relationship with God deepens through prayer and studying His Word, you’ll discover how His imprint on your heart can make a lasting impression on your children.
“What a personal, practical meditation on God’s Word! I love this careful, in-depth study of the fruit of the Spirit applied to motherhood. This book would be great to study alone or, better yet, with other women in varying stages of motherhood.” — Kristie Anyabwile, wife of a church-planting pastor, mom of three, and a discipler of women
“Timely biblical wisdom and rich devotional theology from an author, colleague, friend (and mom!) I trust. Walking with God in the Season of Motherhood will be a real encouragement to believers in the midst (or on the cusp) of the demanding season of motherhood. And frankly, dads should read and learn from it too.” –Ligon Duncan, chancellor and CEO, Reformed Theological Seminary
- Introduction: A Mom’s Deepest Need
- Understanding Your Purpose
- Knowing God’s Word
- Entrusting Your Child to the Lord
- Ordering Your Home
- Reflecting the Heart of God
- Encouraging a Thankful Spirit
- Fighting Against Anxiety and Worry
- Letting Go of Harshness and Anger
- Training Hearts Through Discipline
- Guiding in Godliness by Example
- Recovering from Perfect Mom Syndrome (PMS)