The Truth War
Fighting for Christianity in an Age of Deception
As John MacArthur reveals in The Truth War: Fighting for Christianity in an Age of Deception, truth is under attack, and much is at stake. Perhaps no one in America is more passionate than John MacArthur about exposing those who are mounting this attack―especially those bringing the assault right into the church.
There is no middle ground―no safe zone for the uncommitted in this war. The battle for truth is raging, and this book reveals:
- The pitfalls of postmodern thinking
- Why the Emerging Church Movement is inherently flawed
- Past skirmishes in the Truth War and their effect on the Church
- The importance of truth and certainty in a postmodern society
- How to identify and address the errors and false teachings smuggled into churches
“[The postmodern age] is the age of no truth, an age that has reached a point of deadly fatigue when it comes to facing the truth―a generation that no longer believes truth can be known. Dr. John MacArthur knows better, and he is armed with the courage to confront this age with a bold defense of truth. . . . His argument is compelling, his defense of truth is brilliant, and his concern for the church is evident on every page. The evangelical church desperately needs this book, and it arrives just in time.” ―R. Albert Mohler Jr., President, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Introduction: Why Truth is Worth Fighting For
- Can Truth Survive in a Postmodern Society?
- Spiritual Warfare: Duty, Danger, and Guaranteed Triumph
- Constrained into Conflict; Why We Must Fight for the Faith
- Creeping Apostasy: How False Teachers Sneak in
- Heresy’s Subtlety: Why We Must Remain Vigilant
- The Evil of False Teaching: How Error Turns Grace Into Licentiousness
- The Assault on Divine Authority: Christ’s Lordship Denied
- How to Survive in an Age of Apostasy: Learning from the Lessons of History
Appendix: Why Discernment is Out of Fashion
About the Author
John MacArthur has served as the pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, since 1969. His ministry of expository preaching is unparalleled in its breadth and influence. In more than four decades of ministry from the same pulpit, he has preached verse by verse through the entire New Testament (and several key sections of the Old Testament). He is president of the Master’s University and Seminary and can be heard daily on the Grace to You radio broadcast (carried on hundreds of radio stations worldwide). He has authored a number of bestselling books, including Twelve Ordinary Men, and One Perfect Life.