The Mission of Motherhood
Touching Your Child’s Heart for Eternity
This author knows how to pass on a Biblical vision of God’s original design for women, and show how that should shape your life. Convincing, marvelous book about the strategic role of a mother in her child’s life. Chapters on teaching, serving, discipling, home-making and far more.
– Do you long for your home to be life-giving and peaceful?
– Is it your desire to pass on a legacy of righteousness to your children?
– Do you struggle to balance the duties of motherhood with a loving relationship with your children?
Then this is a book for you.
“Sally hasn’t one impolite bone in her body. She so politely passes on what is actually a powerful message. Those who seek affirmation of the value of traditional motherhood will find it here wrapped in biblical principles and a certain sympathetic sweetness.”
–Karen Andreola, author of A Charlotte Mason Companion
“Sally Clarkson has achieved a beautiful balance of biblical teaching and the heart of a mother in The Mission of Motherhood. She gently takes the reader by the hand and stands with her before the truth of her calling. Readers will be entertained by her personal stories, empowered by God’s call to mothers, and encouraged by Sally’s teaching.”
–Vicki Caruana, author of the best-selling Apples & Chalkdust and founder of EncourageTeachers.com
“In The Mission of Motherhood, Sally Clarkson invites the reader into her family and into her heart to see ‘mother’ in action: teaching, comforting, training, enriching, and blessing. This book elevates the mission of motherhood and sends the reader back to her children ‘pumped.’ ”
–Jean Fleming, author of A Mother’s Heart
Table of Contents
- A Journey Like No Other: Discovering the Mission of Motherhod
- Beautiful by Design: Exploring the Meaning of Biblical Motherhood
- The Undivided Heart: Committing our Lives to God’s Design
- The Servant Mother: Mothering with the Heart of Jesus
- The Discipling Mother: Reaching Children’s Hearts for Christ
- The Teaching Mother: Training Children’s Minds to Think Biblically
- Strong Friend: Building Loving Relationships with our Children
- Gardener of Souls: Cultivating and Enriching our Children’s Lives
- Keeper of the Domain: Embracing God’s Call to Home-Making
- The Creative Mother: Opening Windows to God’s Artistry and Greatness
- The Ministering Mother: Bringing God’s Purposes into our Homes … and Beyond
- The Faithful Mother: Finishing the Journey with Endurance and Grace
Appendix A: Resources for Mission-Minded Moms
Appendix B: Our Twenty-Four Family Ways
About the Author
From working on college campuses, to sharing the Gospel behind the Iron Curtain as a missionary, traveling around the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia to speak on discipleship, Sally Clarkson has tenaciously sought after God’s kingdom, and has used her ministry to encourage others to do the same. From her best-selling books such as Own Your Life, Desperate (with Sarah Mae), and her latest, The Lifegiving Home, Sally has shared from her heart and home about the value of motherhood and the potential for home to cultivate life, love, and faith. In 1995, She and her husband Clay founded Whole Heart Ministries, which has encouraged thousands of families around the world in discipling their children.