The Little Girl’s Treasury of Precious Things
The Little Girl’s Treasury is 39 short stories, collected during the 1800s by Annie Brooks in her own reading as a young girl. Taking the reader from India to Germany to the New England colonies, with tales of regal queens and families in poverty, each is full of valuable lessons your little girl won’t forget.
These touching incidents convey truths on a wide range of character traits, winsomely blended into stories about openly talking with your mother, taking medicine patiently, weeping with others who weep, using spare moments well, not forgetting to pray, tender love for pets, never being afraid during a storm, and many, many more.
The Girl’s Heritage Series
The Little Girl’s Treasury is one of the books in the 8-volumes Girl’s Heritage Series, or, as it is sometimes known, The Children’s Heritage Series – Girl’s Collection. Other volumes in the set are:
- Behind Mr. Bunyan
- The Dairyman’s Daughter
- The Young Cottager
- First Impressions of God
- Grace Raymond: The Evil and Cure of a Passionate Temper
- Patty’s Curiosity
- I Have a Soul
The stories of the Girl’s Heritage Series are complemented by the companion set, The Boy’s Heritage Series. We also commend to you our favorite 19th century set of all, The Children’s Character Building Collection (11 volumes).
Contents of The Little Girl’s Treasury
- Spare Moments – A Story of the Wise Use of Time
- Love to Christ – A Story about loving the Lord Jesus
- Weep with those who weep – a story of care for the sorrowful
- Little Mary and the old woman – a story of generous kindness
- Faith in God – a story of strong faith, even in need
- The Little French Girl – a story of love for the Bible
- Going Home – a story of love for home and heaven — and 32 more stories!