The Life-Giving Home
Creating a Place of Belonging and Becoming
Does your home sometimes feel like just a place to eat, sleep, and change clothes on the way to the next activity? Do you long for “home” to mean more than a place where you stash your stuff? Wouldn’t you love it to become a haven of warmth, rest, and joy . . . the one place where you and your family can’t wait to be?
There is good news waiting for you in the pages of The Life-Giving Home. Every day of your family’s life can be as special and important to you as it already is to God. In this unique book designed to help your family enjoy and celebrate every month of the year together, you’ll discover the secrets of a life-giving home from a mother who created one and her daughter who was raised in it: popular authors Sally and Sarah Clarkson.
Together these two authors offer a rich treasure of wise advice, spiritual principles, and practical suggestions. You’ll embark on a new path to creating special memories for your children; establishing home-building and God-centered traditions; and cultivating an environment in which your family will flourish.
Table of Contents
- A Lifegiving Legacy
- Made for Home
- A Symphony of Grace
- The Rhythms of Incarnation
- January: Creating a Framework for Home: Rhythms, Routines, and Rituals
- February: A Culture of Love: Growing Lifelong Relationships
- March: The Art of the Ordinary: Finding Beauty in Your Own Backyard
- April: A Heritage of Faith: Engaging with God’s Story
- May: Days to Commemorate: Marking Growth with Celebration
- June: Times of Delight: Creating a Value for Play
- July: A Heroic Heritage: Engaging with Story and History
- August: The Story of Us: Shaping and Celebrating Culture
- September: When Seasons Change: Gathering in for Home and Soul
- October: Home is Best: Serving Life within Your Walls
- November: Blessed and Blessing: Grace, Gratitude, and Generosity
- December: The Rhythm of Celebration: Seasons of Rejoicing in Family Life
About the Authors
Sally Clarkson is the beloved author of multiple bestselling books, including Own Your Life, The Lifegiving Home with her daughter Sarah, Desperate with Sarah Mae, and most recently, Different with her son Nathan. As a mother of four, she has inspired thousands of women through conferences, resources, and books with Whole Heart Ministries. She has also advocated relentlessly for the power of motherhood and the influence of home through her Mom Heart conferences, speaking to audiences on several continents.
Discipleship and mentoring women to understand how to love God in a more personal way and how to live a satisfying Christian life are threads through all of her messages. Sally encourages many through her blogs, podcasts, and websites. Her popular podcast, At Home with Sally Clarkson and Friends, with over a million downloads, can be found on iTunes and Stitcher. She regularly teaches at conferences and on webcasts, and she participates in international discipleship ministry in venues all over the world.
Sarah Clarkson is a freelance writer and current student of theology at Wycliffe Hall, Oxford University. She is the author of Read for the Heart. She has worked extensively with family and student discipleship ministries, where she gained a deep desire to help people discover the gift and importance of home. In blogs, books, and her current research, she explores the spiritual significance of story, the intersection of theology and imagination, and the formative power of beauty.