The Inspiration and Authority of the Bible
Textual and “higher” criticism have decimated the faith of many and made divinity schools message-less. In his acclaimed The Inspiration and Authority of the Bible Warfield provides an analysis of questions asked by textual and higher criticism with the purpose of vindicating the viewpoint of an infallible Bible.
These are the principal articles by Dr. Warfield in defense of the full trustworthiness of the Bible, plus an introduction by an outstanding scholar written in the light of the developments in philosophy and theology since Dr. Warfield’s death.
Table of Contents
- The Biblical Idea of Revelation
- The Church Doctrine of Inspiration
- The Biblical Idea of Inspiration
- The Real Problem of Inspiration
- The Terms “Scripture” and “Scriptures” as Employed in the New Testament
- “God-Inspired Scripture”
- “It Says:”, “Scripture Says:”, “God Says:”
- “The Oracles of God”
- The Canon of the New Testament
- Inspiration and Criticism