Standing With Grace
“It is astonishing how much influence one person can have in raising or depressing the spirits of the whole company. Grace Avery’s consistent life of love and conviction has the effect of leaven among her wealthy, worldly friends. Every unselfish act or gentle word has a profound impact on even the most devious characters.
When the gospel is lived out in simplicity and power, none can resist, for indeed “When a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it abides alone, but if it dies, it will bring much fruit.” — Mark Hamby, reflecting on Standing With Grace
Table of Contents
- An Evening at the Parsonage. The Invitation. How it was Received
- A Scene in Another Household. Mr. Wilmerton’s News. What His Family Thought About it.
- The Arrival. First Impressions
- A Morning Walk and a Morning Talk. Gaining Ground.
- How She Did It. Christian Experience.
- A Letter from Grace to Her Father
- Mr. Avery’s Reply
- Disappointments. Disobedience. Its Fruits
- Mr. & Mrs. Wilmerton Return Home. An Unexpected Visitor. The Guests Depart. A Saddened Household.
- Convalescence. A Sudden Decision. The Last Day of the Visit. Its Revealings.
- Grace in Trouble. Going to Work. Finding New Friends.
- New Duties and New Responsibilities. Bearing the Cross. Faithfulness Rewarded. A Letter from Carrie.
- Mr. Wilmerton’s Visit. Grace Goes Abroad.
- Coming Home. The New Minister. “All’s Well that Ends Well.”
- A Proposal. A Reconciliation. A Wedding.
Very Highly Recommended!
From Laurel Kolar of Sacramento, California on .
“This is definitely the best title in the Lamplighter collection! My other top favorites are #2,The King’s Gold, and #3,The Secret Bridge. But Standing With Grace is definitely #1 by far. Grace is a great example of a godly woman living out her faith.” — Laurel Kolar, Sacramento, California (May 27, 2019)