Principles of Excellence for Every Believer
The biblical call to leadership must not be taken lightly. And with more than 750,000 sold, Spiritual Leadership has proven itself a timeless classic in teaching the key principles of leadership. J. Oswald Sanders presents and illustrates several magnifying principles through the lives of some prolific men – such as Moses, Nehemiah, Paul, David Livingstone, and Charles Spurgeon.
Spiritual Leadership will encourage you to place your talents and powers at God’s disposal so you can become a leader used for his glory. An updated, modern flavor and a growth-empowering study guide allow Spiritual Leadership to forge ahead, forming the next generation of leaders.
Themes and topics covered in Spiritual Leadership include:
- The cost of leadership
- The responsibility of leadership
- Tests of leadership
- The qualities and criteria of leadership
- The art of reproducing leaders
- The one indispensable requirement of leadership
Sanders holds that even natural leadership qualities are God-given, and their true effectiveness can only be reached when they are used to the glory of God. Let this classic be your guide for leadership, and know that God can work through you also to do great things for His glory.
About the Author
J. Oswald Sanders
J. Oswald Sanders (1902-1992) wrote more than forty books on Christian living. A lifetime resident of New Zealand, Sanders was an internationally known speaker and for many years was General Director of the Overseas Missionary Fellowship.
Table of Contents
- An Honorable Ambition
- The Search for Leaders
- The Master’s Master Principle
- Natural and Spiritual Leadership
- Can You Become a Leader?
- Insights on Leadership from Paul
- Insights on Leadership from Peter
- Essential Qualities of Leadership
- More Essential Qualities of Leadership
- Above All Else
- Prayer and Leadership
- The Leader and Time
- The Leader and Reading
- Improving Leadership
- The Cost of Leadership
- Responsibilities of Leadership
- Tests of Leadership
- The Art of Delegation
- Replacing Leaders
- Reproducing Leaders
- Perils of Leadership
- The Leader Nehemiah
- A Final Word
- A Small Group Study Guide for Spiritual Leadership