Single and Lonely
Finding the Intimacy You Desire
Are you a single adult who sometimes feels isolated, vulnerable, and alone? Like everyone else you want to be known and understood, not feel invisible. You want to be included and cared about. You don’t want to be lonely; but to be connected to someone. So how do you find the intimacy and relationship you desire? In Single and Lonely, Jayne V. Clark, an experienced counselor, explains that the remedy for loneliness isn’t a change in your circumstances; it’s a relationship with a person: Jesus Christ. As your relationship with him deepens, you will be able to use the practical strategies outlined here to move toward people in genuine love.
About the Author
Jayne V. Clark, M.A.R., is the Associate Dean of Students at Westminster Theological Seminary and Women’s Ministry Coordinator at New Life Presbyterian Church. She is also a counselor with over eighteen years of experience, a frequent retreat and conference speaker, and the author of the minibook Single and Lonely: Finding the Intimacy You Desire and many counseling articles.
Other Related Booklets in this Series
- Can We Talk? The Art of Relationship Building by Rob Green
- Divorce Recovery: Growing and Healing God’s Way by Winston T. Smith
- Peer Pressure: Recognizing the Warning Signs and Giving New Direction by Paul David Tripp
- Restoring Your Broken Marriage: Healing after Adultery by Robert D. Jones
- Sex Before Marriage: How Far is Too Far? by Timothy S. Lane
- Should We Get Married?: How to Evaluate Your Relationship by William P. Smith
- Single Parents: Daily Grace for the Hardest Job by Robert D. Jones