Tales of the RAF
A Story of Friendship
These are the stories of young Harry Winslow and his friendships with the pilots of the Royal Air Force in World War II England. Written for boys but appealing to all, the tales are based on history and depict values such as courage, heroism, and responsibility. In Scramble! (Book One) twelve year-old Harry’s quiet life has been interrupted by war, with his father being sent to London.
A Royal Air Force fighter squadron has been stationed in the field next to his family’s farm, and Harry is amazed by the pilots and planes on the base. In his mission to be accepted into their group, Harry learns the true meaning of friendship.
Other Stories in the Tales of the RAF Series Include:
- Fighter Escort: A Story of Responsibility (Book 2)
- Spitfire! A Story of Wisdom (Book 3)
- Dawson’s Down: A Story of Sacrifice (Book 4)
- Night Mission: A Story of Loyalty (Book 5)
- The New Kid; A Story of Patience (Book 6)