Portraits of Integrity
A Family Treasury
Real People who Demonstrated Godly Character
One of the most powerful ways to inspire people to greatness is through the stories of great people from the past. In Portraits of Integrity you and your children will be challenged to strive for excellence through the examples of 45 people who did just that. They will meet:
- Jake DeShazer who was a prisoner of the Japanese during World War II. He was tortured and kept in solitary confinement for many months, but when a Bible came into his hands he became a Christian and later went to Japan to share the gospel with his former enemies.
- Nate Saint, the missionary pilot who, with Jim Elliott and three other men sacrificed his life to bring the gospel to the Auca Indians of South America.
- Booker T. Washington, the former slave boy who rose to become the leader of his people and built a college from nothing to give ex-slaves and their children a chance to elevate themselves as he had.–and 42 more inspirational heroes of history!
Sure to be an all-time family favorite, Portraits of Integrity will be treasured as a centerpiece of family devotions. It’s a book to inspire young people and their parents as well, with the examples of people who dared and did great deeds that have gone down in history!
A beautiful, hardbound volume of 344 pages.
About the Author
Marilyn Boyer and her husband Rick are true pioneers of homeschooling. Beginning in 1980, Marilyn has taught all of her 14 children from kindergarten through high school. Her passion for putting Christian character at the top of her educational priorities resulted in the creation of the Character Concepts Curriculum. Marilyn has authored several books including Parenting from the Heart, Hand-on Character Building, and For You They Signed, which inspires children and adults alike by learning of the character of our founders. Her combination of compassion, godly wisdom, and rich insight into the hearts of children has made her a cherished resource for moms all across America.
Look at these vast Contents!
- Alertness: Peter Francisco
- Attentiveness: Lydia Darragh
- Availability: Molly Pitcher
- Boldness: Captain John S. Mosby
- Compassion: Gregory Burmistr
- Contentment: Horatio Spafford
- Courage: Colonel Aleksandr Groten
- Decisiveness: Captain John Paul Jones
- Deference: Lieutenant Adrian Marks
- Dependability: Cecil Breeden
- Diligence: Benjamin Franklin
- Discernment: Commander Eugene Fluckey
- Discretion: General Nathanael Greene
- Endurance: Metropolitan Joseph Petrovykh
- Enthusiasm: Pastor John Muhlenberg
- Flexibility: General Caesar Rodney
- Forgiveness: Jacob DeShazer
- Generosity: Robert Morris
- Gentleness: President Abraham Lincoln
- Gratefulness: Amy Carmichael
- Honesty: Nathan Hale
- Honor: General Pyotr Wrangel
- Hospitality: Kate Gibson
- Humility: Nate Saint
- Initiative: Colonel John Hunt Morgan
- Joyfulness: Lieutenant Armand Pinsard
- Kindness: Roger Williams
- Love: Captain Eddie Simpson
- Loyalty: Darya Efimova
- Meekness: George Washington Carver
- Obedient: Sergeant Alvin C. York
- Orderliness: Colonel Charles Marshall
- Patience: Colonel Philip Toosey
- Persuasiveness: Patrick Henry
- Prudence: Nancy Morgan Hart
- Punctuality: Gunnar Kaasen
- Resourcefulness: Lieutenant William Overstreet
- Respectfulness: Francis Scott Key
- Self-Control: Kate Shelley
- Sensitivity: General Robert E. Lee
- Thoroughness: Booker T. Washington
- Tolerance: William Booth
- Truthfulness: Sacagawea
- Virtue: Queen Victoria
- Wisdom: Matthew Fontaine Maury