My Grandmother is Praying for Me
Daily Prayers and Proverbs for Character Development in Grandchildren
Are you a grandmother? Or maybe you know a grandmother, are married to one, or fondly remember your own. Whatever category you are in, authors and grandmothers Kathryn March, Pamela Ferriss, and Susan Kelton invite you to join them in becoming actively involved in the lives of grandchildren.
The world continues to change, and sometimes it seems that the generation gap has never been larger. But one thing always holds fast: our children and grandchildren need to know and live by the wisdom that God has outlined for them in His Word.
Concerned grandparents want their grandchildren to know His Word for themselves—and there is no better way for this to happen than to pray to the Author of all wisdom. Here is a yearlong, day-by-day guide for grandmothers not only to pray for the godly character development of their grandchildren, but also to teach them to apply His Word to their lives.
Each day’s entry contains:
- A verse from Proverbs, the book of wisdom
- A prayer specific to the day’s verse
- An activity for grandmothers & grandchildren to practically apply the verse from Proverbs
Use the thoughtful prayers of the three grandmothers who co-authored this book – Mrs. March, Mrs. Ferris, and Mrs. Kelton – to guide you as you pray for your own grandchildren, and take comfort in knowing that praying for your grandchildren’s growth is a uniquely Christlike thing to do—one that will not fail to bring them nearer to the wisdom of God, Christ himself.
While we all want our grandchildren to know that we are praying for them, it is the first priority of My Grandmother Is Praying for Me that grandchildren know God and His promise to hear and answer those who call on Him. May He bless your family as you call on Him for your grandchildren.
For each month, there are prayers for one’s grandchild in the traits named below:
- January: May My Grandchild Demonstrate Faithfulness
- February: May My Grandchild be Teachable
- March: May My Grandchild Learn Discipline
- April: May My Grandchild Possess Graciousness
- May: May My Grandchild Show Generosity
- June: May My Grandchild Display Humility
- July: May My Grandchild Live a Life of Integrity
- August: May My Grandchild Develop Self-Control
- September: May My Grandchild Cultivate Stewardship
- October: May My Grandchild Love Honesty
- November: May My Grandchild Desire to be Righteous
- December: May My Grandchild Seek Wisdom
A sample from January 1:
“Like the cold of snow in time of harvest is a faithful messenger to those who send him; for he refreshes the soul of his masters.” — Proverbs 25:13
Lord, I pray that my grandchild’s faithfulness will be an encouragement to everyone she meets. May she know that You are pleased when she seeks You and that her faith can be a refreshment to others. May she be known as a steadfast messenger of Your Word and a dependable friend to all.