Moms Raising Sons to be Men
If you have a son, it’s because God has uniquely chosen you to love him, encourage him, mold his character, and prepare him for godly manhood. And the key to a great mother-son relationship isn’t figuring out the right parenting techniques, but letting God work through your life to influence your son.
God has given you a high and wonderful calling as a mother. No matter what the age of your son, this book will provide you with the resources you’ve needed, to become the Mom you always hoped you would be.
A Special Calling
Mothers of boys have the special calling to shape future men of God. Popular speaker Rhonda Stoppe, mom to two sons, knows this opportunity is a challenge, a joy, and probably the most important work of a woman’s life. Drawing from years of ministering to youth and to women and from her own parenting experience, Rhonda provides refreshingly relevant guidance, biblical and contemporary examples, and humorous insights to help each reader discover:
- how to guide a son without hovering and smothering
- how every action and choice can serve a godly goal
- ways to communicate so a boy will listen and be heard
- God’s power and grace to become―and give―her best
Packed with practical help from parenting experts and other moms, this inspirational resource will revive the faithfulness and fortitude a woman needs to partner with God as they shape the character and heart of a future godly man.
About the Author
Rhonda Stoppe is the No Regrets Woman. She is an author and speaker dedicated to helping women live life with no regrets. With more than 20 years’ experience as a mom, mentor, and pastor’s wife, Rhonda’s wisdom and experience helps women discover significance in God and His specific purpose for their lives, connect biblical principles to everyday decisions, develop a loving marriage that others dream about, and influence the next generation by raising children with integrity.
Table of Contents
- You Are Not Alone: On Mission with God
- God Chose You to be His Mom: Your Place in History
- Exchanging Your Dreams for God’s Plans: Motives that Matter
- One Act Impacts Generations: Living Beyond the Immediate
- Train His Brain: Teach Him to Think
- Parenting Without Regrets: The Discipline of Discipline
- Impart the Vision: The Image of His Manhood
- Tools to Autonomy: Equipped for Independence
- The Art of Intimacy: Get Acquainted with His Heart
- Conversations that Matter: How to Talk so He Will Listen
- The Future That Smiles: Don’t Lose Your Focus
- You Can Do This: The Key to Success