The Everyday Ministry of Motherhood in the Grand Plan of God
Sometimes moms see the never-ending laundry, dirty diapers, and skinned knees as relatively insignificant when compared to activities and callings that seem more important and lasting. But there is eternal value in even the most mundane moments if the Great Commission informs how we’re thinking about all of life, including what it means to be a mom.
Tracing motherhood in the story of the Bible and drawing out key implications for moms today, Gloria Furman helps women live out God’s story of redemption in their daily lives as they nurture their children and joyfully share the message of the gospel with those around them.
About the Author
Gloria Furman is a wife, mother of four, doula, and writer. In 2008 her family moved to the Middle East to plant Redeemer Church of Dubai where her husband, Dave, serves as the pastor. She is the author of Glimpses of Grace, Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full, and The Pastor’s Wife, and blogs regularly at the Gospel Coalition and GloriaFurman.com.
“With Christ-centered clarity, Gloria shows that our Savior calls us to a grand, global mission to nurture his disciples for his glory. This book is for every redeemed woman whose mothering heart longs to nurture biological and spiritual children.”
— Susan Hunt, former Director of Women’s Ministries, PCA; coauthor, Women’s Ministry in the Local Church
“With a firm grasp of the biblical narrative and a sharp focus on the mission of God, Gloria Furman challenges us to see motherhood as it is—not just a high calling but a part of the mission of God. You’ll be encouraged and challenged by this book!”
— Ed Stetzer, President, LifeWay Research; author, Subversive Kingdom
Table of Contents
- Mother is a Verb, Too
- Expectations of our Savior: A Quick Overview of the Old Testament
- Motherhood is Born: From Creation to Father Abraham
- The God Who Delivers: From Egypt to the Promised Land
- Finally, Settling Down: From Comfort to Captivity
- Mission Rebooted: From Exile to Return to Kingdom
- Christ, the Creator of Motherhood
- Christ, The Redeemer of Motherhood
- Every Mother’s Prophet
- Christ, Every Mother’s Priest
- Christ, Every Mother’s King
- Jesus Christ, the Resurrection Life for Mothers