Ministry Helps in 2 Corinthians
Dr. Richard Belcher, former professor at Columbia Bible College, has written numerous other volumes in his Ministry Helps series, on various biblical books. This one provides a complete outline for teachers and preachers on the Apostle Paul’s 2nd letter to the Corinthians.
A sample of his detailed outline (using 2 Cor 3:1-5 as a sample):
Chapter 3: The New Testament Ministry Needs no Recommendation of Men
A) The New Testament has its Divine Recommendation: 3:1-5
1. A Question – Does Paul need recommendation to the Corinthians? (3:1)
- Does he need to recommend himself?
- Does he need letters of recommendation?
– from the Corinthians
– to the Corinthians
- Does he need recommendation as others need recommendation?
2. An Answer: 3:2-5
- No – Because the Corinthians are his epistle (v 2)
– He has written having been engraved on their hearts
– They are being known and read of all men
- No – Because the Corinthians are manifested as an epistle of Christ (v 3)
– They have received his ministry
– They have not been written in ink
– They have not been written on tablets of stone
– They have been written by the Spirit of the living God on the tablets of fleshly hearts
- No – Because Paul has a trust toward God in Christ (vv 4-5)
– He is not sufficient from himself to think anything of himself
– But his sufficiency is of God
Dr. Belcher has also written Ministry Helps books for assisting biblical teachers in their studies of each of these biblical books:
About the Author
Dr. Richard Belcher is the author of numerous books in the field of Bible study, theology, language and biography, including over 25 theological novels, beginning with A Journey in Grace. Dr. Belcher has been active in ministry for over 50 years and taught for 26 years at Columbia International University. He has trained thousands of students in Systematic Theology, preaching, and hermeneutics, and not merely from the podium but with a mentoring heart that has come alongside many young men during difficult times in their ministries.