Men of Purpose
A volume about the lives of eleven great individuals, each of whom was useful to the work of our Lord in varied ways. Each story tells of the man’s conversion to Christ, his walk with God, and his accomplishments that followed, as each sought to live to the glory of God with his skills. It contains numerous illustrations. This is a highly inspirational volume of biographies for men or youth.
Men of Purpose includes short biographies of the lives of:
– Michael Faraday: The Dawn of Electricity
-Henry J. Heinz: Founder of a Food Empire
– Felix Mendelssohn: A Composer’s Journey
– Lord Radstock: The Lord Apostol
– James Clerk Maxwell: Genius at Work
– Philip R. Bliss: The Heart of a Hymnwriter
– Fred Charrington: Ex-Brewery Heir
– Lord Kelvin: Spearhead into the Unknown
– James Montgomery: The Prodigal Poet
– Sir John Ambrose Fleming: Pioneer of Power
– Daniel Defoe: Father of Modern Journalism
About the Author
Dr. Peter Masters serves as Senior Pastor at Metropolitan Tabernacle of London, where he has been since 1970. this is the church originally founded and served by Charles H. Spurgeon. Dr. Masters commenced the Evangelical Times, a monthly evangelical conservative newspaper. He directs the School of Theology, an annual Christian conference for pastors and Christian workers. He is also the author of Not Like Any Other Book.