Today the world is as close as an airplane flight. Thousands take advantage of this, going for short visits to other countries to be more involved in God’s worldwide mission. How can you prepare for such a trip? What are the hazards to avoid and the opportunities to embrace? Here is field-tested advice you should not leave home without.
Mack & Leeann Stiles are veteran missionaries in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and have led dozens of mission trips varying in length from two months to two years, all over the globe. Their practical advice, hard-won lessons and hilarious stories will help you know what to expect as you get ready to see God in action in new ways.
This book can help in all these vital details:
* Establishing partnerships with sending churches
* Learning from our hosts in the countries we visit
* Being sensitive to the traditions in various cultures
* Overcoming the shortcomings of short-term missions
* Growing a servant spirit
* Learning to trust God and our hosts in new circumstances
* Facing injustice with realism and compassion
* Speaking about Jesus in ways that make sense across cultural boundaries
* Dealing with emotions and re-entry problems when you get home
Short mission trips can put feet on your knowledge of God and give you a God-sized picture of the world. In the process of going you will grow, and even though you may feel inadequate or scared, you will also give much to those you go to.