10-Minute Family Devotions on the Parables
After teaching a parable, Jesus often said, “Whoever has ears, let him hear.” In other words, “This is important, so you better listen up,” and what could be more important than the good news of the kingdom of God? This family devotional provides a unique opportunity for parents to help their children “listen up” and hear the gospel as Jesus himself shared it.
Jesus told simple stories using everyday activities and objects that point to surprising spiritual truths about life in his kingdom. In the parables children (and adults!) will learn to treasure the gospel. Children love stories, and the parables provide a wonderful opportunity to engage their imagination and help them understand and live out the good news of the kingdom of God.
This thirteen-week family devotional is designed to help families explore the parables that Jesus taught through reading selected parables, activities, discussion questions, and “fun facts.” Each five-day session includes Bible reading, discussion questions, a fun activity, and songs.
- Gospel truths told in simple, easy-to-understand stories
- Family activities, discussion questions, and Bible readings make leading family devotions stress-free for busy parents
- 10-minute a day format holds children’s attention
- Memorable stories that will give children the tools to remember key gospel principles
About the Author
Marty Machowski is a Family Life Pastor at Covenant Fellowship Church in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania. Marty has served on the pastoral staff there for over twenty years. He is the author of the Gospel Story for Kids series including The Gospel Story Bible. He also wrote the family worship tools, Long Story Short and Old Story New. But possibly Marty’s most acclaimed work is The Ology – a virtual Systematic Theology for kids! He and his wife Lois and their six children reside in West Chester, Pennsylvania.
- Do You Have Ears to Hear?
- Building on the Rock
- A Treasure, A Pearl, and a Mustard Seed
- The Good Shepherd
- Do I Have to Forgive?
- Who is my Neighbor?
- Teach me to Pray
- Where do you Store your Treasure?
- You are Invited to the Banquet
- The Lost Sheep, Lost Coin, and Lost Son
- Heaven and Hell
- Everybody Needs Jesus
- The Return of Christ