Lights in a Dark Place
True Stories of God at Work in Colombia
Colombia has been known as a land of violence – Colombian people have reacted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ by cursing the messengers, beating them, kidnapping them, killing them and burning down their houses. But from those burnings have shot out sparks and flames and laser beams of light, as the Gospel has continued to shine forth in the midst of darkness. God is indeed shining forth His lights in a dark place!
God has delivered people from burning houses. He has healed the ones who cursed Him. God has even rescued kidnappers. Read fourteen true stories of the Light of the World shining in the land of Colombia, South America.
Recommended Reading Level:
Read aloud to: ages 6-8
Read on my own: ages 9-14
About the Author
Rebecca Davis is a writer and teacher who lives in Greenville, South Carolina, U.S.A. She has written several books for children as well as magazine articles for adults, and loves to speak about the Lord. She and her husband, Tim, have four children. Rebecca blogs at www.heresthejoy.com and it is well worth reading! She is also the author of more missionary stories found here at Grace & Truth Books, by these titles:
- Return of the White Book: True Stories of God at Work in Southeast Asia
- With Two Hands: True Stories of God at Work in Ethiopia
- Living Water in the Desert: True Stories of God at work in Iran
- The Good News Must go Out: True Stories of God at work in the Central African Republic
- Witness Men: True Stories of God at work in Papua, Indonesia
- Lights in a Dark Place: True Stories of God at Work in Colombia
Continue to keep an eye open for additional volumes to come in this series!