Life in the Father’s House
A Member’s Guide to the Local Church
Written not for church leaders but for members, this book introduces its readers to the meaning of church membership, the traits of a good church, and how we are to function as parts of the body.
It includes practical discussions on church leadership, worship, spiritual gifts, how to choose a good church, ale and female roles, confrontation, unity, church discipline, praying for one another, and more.
Revised and expanded with study questions added.
Includes chapters on:
1) Realizing the Importance of a Local Church
2) Committing Ourselves to Church Membership
3) Choosing a Good Church
4) Relating to Church Leadership
5) Fulfilling Our Roles as Men and Women
6) Participating in Worship Services
7) Using Our Spiritual Gifts
8) Confronting One Another in Love
9) Preserving Unity in the Body
10) Praying for One Another
* Conclusion: The Heart of the Matter
* Questions for Study and Discussion
“Life in the Father’s House is simply the best book to give new members of an evangelical, local church. Indeed, it is the best book to give new Christians in general as they seek to understand how to live and love the Lord and others within the body of Christ.” —Lance Quinn, Senior Pastor, Bethany Church, Thousand Oaks, California