Legacies of Character
True Stories from World War II
Legacies of Character: True Stories from WWII is the fourth book in Character Concepts’ “Character with the Cousins” series. As the six oldest cousins are growing up, this book is a bit different in that they’ve done research in order to share the incredible true stories of WWII heroes and heroines.
Stories feature American men and women as well as a Japanese commander whose life was transformed by Jesus, a Dutch lady, a Polish woman who rescued children and a Navajo code talker! Every story features black and white archival photography of the subjects. Also, every chapter contains a section about personal application.
- Saved by Obedience: Isn’t obedience just for little kids?
- Determination: A Way to Save Lives. Be sure you are right, then go ahead
- Set Free through Forgiveness: Do I need to forgive this person again?
- The Merciful German: What does it mean to show mercy?
- Endurance in the China Jungle: How long will this last?
- Courage: Angel in Fatigues. But I’m afraid!
- Bravery: Lord, Help me get one more. The bravery and faith of Desmond Doss
- Meekness: Back from Bataan. Why did this have to happen to me?
- Persistence through Trial: I’m not a quitter
- Transformed by Forgiveness: Won’t heaven be wonderful?
- Faith in the Ocean: How does faith work in everyday life?
- Guess What we did?
- Living Legacies
About the Authors
Marilyn Boyer is wife to “Uncle Rick” Rick Boyer, and they are the parents of 14 children, all of whom they homeschooled. They co-founded The Learning Parent, and are co-authors of several family and character-building books. Each has also authored books of their own. In this case, Marilyn has co-authored many chapters with some of her children: Cassidy Boyer, Luke Boyer, Adam Boyer, Anne Boyer, Melody Boyer, Lauren Brown, and Mary Ellis.