Leading with Love
A Christian Leader’s Guide
“A full, practical exposition of the teaching of the Word of God, for those in the work of shepherding the people of God! We have not seen a work like it in some time. The message of Leading With Love is urgently needed by all of us. You may have many talents and spiritual gifts, but without the love that this book speaks about, you don’t really have much at all.” – George Verwer, Founder of Operation Mobilization
“Leading with Love demonstrates that love is indispensable for effective spiritual leadership. I hope this insightful study will receive the enthusiastic response it deserves and that it will be widely read.” – Dr. Vernon Grounds, Chancellor, Denver Seminary
Table of Contents
Part One: Love is Indispensable to Christian Leadership
- 1) Five Minus One Equals Zero (1 Corinthians 13:1-3)
- 2) Love or Die (Revelation 2:4)
- 3) The Motivating Power of Love
Part Two: The Character and Behavior of a Loving Leader
- 4) Patient and Kind
- 5) Not Envious or Boastful
- 6) Not Arrogant or Rude
- 7) Not Selfish or Easily Angered
- 8) Not Resentful or Joyful Over Evil
- 9) Bears, Believes, Hopes, and Endures All Things
Part Three: The Works of a Loving Leader
- 10) Expressing Love and Affection
- 11) Practicing Hospitality
- 12) Caring for People’s Needs
- 13) Laboring in Prayer
- 14) Feeding Hungry Souls
- 15) Protecting and Reproving Loved Ones
- 16) Disciplining and Restoring the Wayward
- 17) Managing Conflict a “More Excellent Way”
- 18) Obeying Christ’s Commands and Teaching Others to Obey
About the Author
Alexander Strauch was raised in New Jersey and converted to Christ at a Bible camp in New York State. He received his undergraduate degree from Colorado Christian University and went on to earn his Master’s in Divinity degree from Denver Seminary.
For over forty years he has served as an elder at Littleton Bible Chapel near Denver, Colorado. He has taught philosophy and New Testament literature at Colorado Christian University and is a keynote speaker each year at Emmaus Bible College’s Iron Sharpens Iron conference. A gifted Bible teacher and speaker, Mr. Strauch has taught in more than 25 countries and has helped thousands of churches worldwide through his expository writing ministry.
With more than 200,000 copies in print, Alexander is best known as the author of Biblical Eldership, which has been translated into more than 20 languages. His books are available through Lewis and Roth Publishers.
Mr. Strauch and his wife, Marilyn, reside in Littleton, Colorado, near their four adult daughters and eight grandchildren.
A Christian Leader’s Guide to Leading with Love