How Can I Develop a Christian Conscience?
A Crucial Questions Book by Dr. R. C. Sproul
In Walt Disney’s classic animated movie Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket sings, “Always let your conscience be your guide.” The Bible confirms that the human conscience is real and important, but it also shows that the conscience is not always a reliable guide to making moral choices, for it is twisted by sin. Therefore, a Christian conscience must be nurtured and developed.
In this booklet, Dr. R. C. Sproul shows that this development involves learning and mastering the many principles God has laid down in His Word, and even in creation itself. In other words, we must know and understand God’s law. As we gain a firmer grasp of what God expects and requires, we are increasingly able to make decisions that please Him.
The other Crucial Questions books by Dr. Sproul include:
- Who is Jesus?
- Does Prayer Change Things
- What is the Trinity?
- Does God Control Everything?
- Can I Know God’s Will?
- Can I Trust the Bible?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Are These the Last Days?
- What is the Great Commission?
- Can I Lose My Salvation?
- What Can I Do with my Guilt?
- Can I Be Sure I’m Saved?
- How Should I Live in this World?
- How Do I Develop a Christian Conscience?
- Can I Have Joy in My Life?
- What Does it Mean to be Born Again?
- What is the Relationship Between Church and State?