Helping Them to Choose
The Duty of Christian Parents
Scott Brown, Editor
The process of getting and staying married is severely malfunctioning in our land. With the divorce rate in the church statistically indistinguishable from the unbelieving world, it would not be considered hyperbole to say that today’s marriages in the church are a moral disaster.
Because we have slowly adopted the ways of the world in nearly every area of life in order to maintain our respectability, we have lost our ability to properly join our children in marriage and have left our children to a broken, godless system.
In 1859, pastor Samuel Philips wrote this book on home life, including instructions to Christian parents on helping their children marry. That godly counsel given found in this reprint is a timely reminder of the wisdom of God for all family life.
- Thoughts on Helping Them to Choose from Scott T. Brown
- About the Book
- The Home Parlor: Preparing Your Children for Choosing Marriage Partners
- Match-Making: Parental Involvement in the Marriage Choices of Their Children
- False Tests: False Tests for Selecting a Companion for Life
- True Tests: True Tests in the Selection of a Companion for Life
- Inheritance: Providing a Superior Inheritance