Help! I’m Depressed
A booklet to help people who are experiencing depression.
“Life seems so unfair. Why is it so hard? Why doesn’t the Lord answer my prayers?” Sometimes the circumstances of our lives overwhelm us and we plunge into depression and despair. Is there a way out? This booklet uses biblical examples to show that even in the midst of great sorrow we can trust God’s sovereign purposes, respond in faith, and know peace and even joy.
Troubling thoughts flood my mind. I lie in bed alone, beseeching God on behalf of my three children. The tears come as I wonder why the Lord seems so far away and why prayers remain unanswered. Life seems so unfair. Why is it so hard? In the “depths of despair” I know I have a choice to make. Am I going to allow these feelings to destroy me?
* People going through trials and difficult circumstances
* People who counsel those who suffer
* People facing illness and pressure in life
* People who feel overcome by life
Introduction: “Lord, I’m Drowning in Sorrow”
1 The Ministry of Sorrow
2 Why So Much Sorrow?
3 Our Response to Sorrow
4 Our Hope in Sorrow
Conclusion: God, My Exceeding Joy
Personal Application Projects
Where Can I Get Further Help?
About the Author
Carol Trahan (BS, MA) has been a widow and single mother since 1994. She currently serves on the faculty of Harvest Ministries located on the island of Guam and is a frequent speaker at ladies’ conferences.
Other Minibooks in the HELP! Series:
- I’m a Single Mom
- I’m Drowning in Debt
- My Kids are Viewing Pornography
- My Marriage Has Grown Cold
- My Spouse Has Been Unfaithful
- My Teen is Gay
- My Toddler Rules the House
- Someone I Love has Alzheimer’s
- Someone I Love has Been Abused
- Someone I Love has Cancer
- He’s Struggling with Pornography
- She’s Struggling with Pornography
- I Want to Model Submission in Marriage
- I Can’t Forgive
- I Can’t Get Motivated
- I Can’t Handle All These Trials
- I Can’t Submit to my Husband
- I Feel Ashamed
- I Have Breast Cancer