A Hebrew Boy’s Education in the Time of Christ
Audio CD message
Most Christians of the Western world have very little understanding of how ancient Hebrew families and educators looked at the essentials of education. While we don’t have any detailed records of the boyhood of Jesus, from history we can know what would have been the central elements of a synagogue school in His times.
This seminar takes the listener back to a typical school in first-century Israel, for a look at the unique perspectives, goals, and subjects of a Hebrew boy’s education. This gives us an opportunity to re-examine some of our own curriculum goals, in light of what God-fearing parents of a previous era considered most important.
About the Speaker
Dennis Gundersen is the President and owner of Grace & Truth Books. He is also author of Your Child’s Profession of Faith and Courtship and Dating: So What’s the Difference? He and his wife Naomi have been married since 1976 and have four adult sons. All their sons were homeschooled for the entire duration of their pre-college education. He served as Pastor-Teacher of two different churches in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area from 1984-2009 – Tanglewood Baptist Church of Sand Springs and Grace Bible Church of Tulsa. Dennis teaches at churches and conferences nationwide, and is a visiting professor at the Tlapaneco Bible Institute in Guerrero, Mexico.
Other CD messages of Dennis, found at Grace & Truth Books:
- Helping Your Child Build a Good Conscience
- Courtship and Dating: So What’s the Difference?
- Doing Family Worship Without Being a Bible Scholar
- Don’t Scare the Children! Homeschooling and the Fear of the Lord
- Building Godly Character with Older Books
- Serving with Love and Loving to Serve
- Homeschooling with a Broken Spirit
- Faithful and Flawed Fathers: Abraham and You, Dad