Great Truths for Little Children
Originally titled in the 1800s, Great Truths in Simple Words for Little Children.
One of our very best collections of short children’s stories in one volume. Contains 30 short stories, dealing with most of the greatest truths which children need to know, but in short talks and simple language for the young. The short readings make this one of our finest books for reading aloud with children 3-6 years of age, and for children 6-10 years old to read themselves.
The child who grows up hearing stories such as these will be done with a taste for trivial matters and can form an appetite for the great truths of God. These are persuasive character-building themes presented in highly interesting stories, including:
* The Idol, and the True and Holy God
* Danger Ought not to Keep us from Duty
* The World is not our Home
* The Quarrelsome Children
* People are Born with Hearts Ready for Sin
* The Birthday and the Storm
* The Goodness of God Should Lead us to Repentance
* The Boy and the Horse
* The Way to be Friends with God
* What Should we Pray for?
* The Strawberries
… and many more.