Making Him Known
This full-color illustrated primer teaches children what the Bible is, what it says, and why we can trust God’s true, powerful Word. In easy-to-understand language, children will learn important theological concepts like the authority, inspiration, infallibility, and inerrancy of Scripture.
Each chapter includes discussion questions and family-friendly activities, making this book an excellent devotional for parents of young children.
“Many adults do not have a good understanding of the doctrine of the Word of God. Sally Michael has written an easy-to-read devotional book that will help parents teach their children about the properties of Scripture. God’s Word shouldn’t be intimidating. A proper knowledge of the Bible gives us hope, helps us to identify false teaching, increases our gratitude and trust in God, and results in his Word becoming more precious to us. Don’t you want that for you and your family? What are you waiting for? —Aimee Byrd, Author of Housewife Theologian, No Little Women, and Theological Fitness
About the Author:
Sally Michael is the co-founder and publishing consultant of Children Desiring God, and she developed their widely used Sunday school curriculum for young people. She is also an author and a speaker, and she served as Minister for Children at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota, for sixteen years.
Table of Contents for God’s Word
1. The Bible Is a Message from God
2. The Bible Was Written by God
3. The Most Special Book
4. The Bible Is True
5. The Bible Is for Everyone
6. The Bible Is Understandable
7. The Bible Is about God
8. The Bible’s Message: I Am God
9. The Bible’s Message: There Is No Other God
10. The Bible’s Message: Created to Show God’s Greatness
11. The Bible’s Message: All Have Sinned
12. The Bible’s Message: The Wages of Sin
13. The Bible’s Message: Saved by Grace
14. The Bible’s Message: God’s Gift of Eternal Life
15. God Keeps His Word