God, Marriage, and Family
Rebuilding the Biblical Foundation
On a subject about which there seem to be multitudes of books, this is truly a unique breath of fresh air. A highly thought-provoking book which soundly tackles what the Bible says about marriage, the family, and virtually all related subjects that spring from a discussion of the Christian home – such as re-marriage, divorce, birth control, the role of women in society, homosexuality, the gift of singleness, celibacy, parenting, and more.
With study questions and points for further discussion, this book is a comprehensive yet concise resource for anyone seeking a Scriptural response to our culture’s complex challenges to God’s intentions for marriage and family.
“The special value of this book lies in its pervasive exposition of Scripture. I am thankful for this book! I plan to give it to my grown children.” — John Piper, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota
“In breadth of coverage, thoroughness of learning, clarity of analysis and argument and, I think, soundness of judgment, this solid, lucid, pastorally angled treatise has no peer. Evangelicals who research, debate, teach, and counsel on gender, sex, marriage, and family will find it an endlessly useful resource. The easy mastery with which the author threads his way through forty years’ special pleadings gives this compendium landmark significance, and I recommend it highly.”
— J. I. Packer, Professor of Theology, Regent College; and author of Knowing God, Weakness is the Way, and numerous other books
Others who highly commend this book:
J. Ligon Duncan
Paige & Dorothy Patterson
About the Authors
Dr. Andreas Kostenberger is a prolific author, practicing Christian, and founder of Biblical Foundations. He is author of numerous books, such as The Cradle, The Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament and Commentary on 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus.
David W. Jones is Assistant Professor of Christian ethics at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is married and has two children.
- The Current Cultural Crisis: Rebuilding the Foundation
- Leaving and Cleaving: Marriage in the Old Testament
- No Longer Two, But One: Marriage in the New Testament
- The Nature of Marriage and the Role of Sex in Marriage: God’s Purpose for Making Man Male and Female
- Ties that Bind: Family in the Old Testament
- The Christian Family: Family in the New Testament
- To Have or Not to Have Children: Special Issues Related to the Family, Part 1
- Requiring the Wisdom of Solomon: Special Issues Related to the Family, Part 2
- Undivided Devotion to the Lord: The Divine Gift of Singleness
- Abandoning Natural Relations: The Biblical Verdict on Homosexuality
- Separating What God has Joined Together: Divorce and Remarriage
- Faithful Husbands: Qualifications for Church Leadership
- God, Marriage, Family, and the Church: Learning to be the Family of God
- Uniting All Things in Him: Concluding Synthesis
Appendix: The “Exception Clause” and the Pauline Privilege