Getting to the Heart of Friendships
The longings in our hearts are reflected in our friendships. This book will teach you how to have relationships that reflect the joy, unity and delight God designed for us to have with our friends. Getting to the Heart of Friendships is written by an experienced and certified NANC (National Association of Nouthetic Counselors) counselor.
- We Were Made for Relationships, but our Friendships often end in fiasco. Why?
- What Makes the Heart to Important in Friendships?
- Your Approval-Oriented Friend
- Control-Freak Friends who have to be in Charge
- The Protection-Oriented Friend: that one who can’t bear ever being hurt
- The Rightness-Oriented Friend: over concerned about being proper
- Pleasure-Oriented Friends: who just want to have fun
- Prestige-Oriented Friends: who are there to climb the status ladder
- Getting Relationships Right!
- Moving from these to genuine and authentic friendship
“As a pastor, I am frequently surprised by the number of people who tell me they have few or even no friends. That is why Amy Baker’s book is so vital for the church today. It is biblically based and extremely practical. I have also had the privilege of knowing Amy for over twenty years. This book is powerful in part because Amy has chosen to be a good friend to me and many others every day.”
— Steve Viars, Senior Pastor, Faith Baptist Church, Lafayette, Indiana
“Amy Baker has written an amazingly insightful and convicting book to help all of us be the kind of friend to others that would please God. Through engaging illustrations of the wrong kind of friends, Amy not only clearly explains God’s opinion of this kind of friend, but also gives a clear picture of how, by God’s grace, to make a U-turn and become a true friend. I really enjoyed reading this book. It’s one that I will highly recommend to my counselees as well as to all of my friends.”
— Martha Peace, author of The Excellent Wife