For Better or For Best
A Valuable Guide to Knowing, Understanding, and Loving Your Husband
Gary Smalley explains what motivates men and how women can use their natural attractive qualities to build a better marriage. He helps women to understand not only the way men think, but also how to move a man’s heart. Using case histories and biblical illustrations, he solves with empathy, humor, and wisdom every practical and emotional problem a woman can face in her marriage.
Do you want your husband to:
- Meet your romantic needs?
- Comfort you when you’re down?
- Listen to what you have to say?
- Appreciate you?
- Help more around the house?
- Spend time with the kids?
- Be your most intimate friend?
Part One: The Foundation for Building a Better Marriage
- Lasting Relationships Don’t Just Happen
- Eight Ways Husbands Hurt Their Wives
- The Hidden Reasons Men Act the Way They Do
- Helping Your Husband Become More Sensitive
- Motivating Your Husband to Listen to You
- Motivating Your Husband to Change
Part Two: Building a Better Marriage
- How to Increase Your Husband’s Desire to Spend Quality Time with You
- Gain Your Husband’s Undivided Attention on a Consistent Basis
- Increase Your Husband’s Sensitivity to Your Emotional Needs and Desires
- How to Gain Your Husband’s Comfort and Understanding Instead of Lectures and Criticism
- Motivate Your Husband to Receive Your Correction without Defensiveness
- How to Gain Your Husband’s Appreciation and Praise
- Help Your Husband Share Responsibility for Your Children and the Household Needs
- How to Motivate Your Husband to Meet Your Material Needs
- How to Increase and Deepen Your Husband’s Affection for You
- Become Your Husband’s Best Friend
In closing: Please Don’t Forget
About the Author
Gary Smalley is one of the country’s best known authors and speakers on family relationships. He is the author and coauthor of 16 best-selling, award-winning books along with several popular films and videos. He has spent over 30 years learning, teaching, and counseling. Gary has personally interviewed hundreds of singles and couples and has surveyed thousands of people at his seminars, asking two questions: what is it that strengthens your relationships and what weakens them?
Gary’s books combined have sold over 5 million copies. Many of them have even been translated into various languages. The Blessing and The Two Sides of Love won the Gold Medallion Award for excellence in literature. “The Language of Love” won the Angel Award as the best contribution to family life. All other titles have been top-five finalists for the Gold Medallion Award.
In the last 30 years, Gary has spoken to over 2 million people in live conferences. He has been presenting his live two-day workshop, “Love Is a Decision,” once a month for the last 20 years. Television audiences all over the world have viewed his award-winning infomercial, “Hidden Keys to Loving Relationships.” Several versions of the infomercial–first with Dick Clark, then with John Tesh and Connie Sellecca, and also with Frank and Kathie Lee Gifford–have been aired. This 18-videotape series has sold over 4 million tapes.
Gary Smalley has appeared on national television programs such as “Oprah,” “Larry King Live,” “Extra,” “The Today Show,” and “Sally Jessy Raphael,” as well as numerous national radio programs. He has been featured on hundreds of regional and local television and radio programs across the United States.
Gary and his wife, Norma, have been married for 40 years and live in Branson, Missouri. They have three children, Kari, Greg, and Michael, and six grandchildren.