Draw and Write Through History
Creation Through Jonah
Now you can combine art, history, and cursive handwriting all in one! Take your students on an exciting journey through time as they learn to draw and write their way through history.
An excellent supplement to any history curriculum! Whether you are using a classical, Charlotte Mason, or traditional textbook approach to teaching history, your students will retain more of what they have learned – and enjoy learning it! – by drawing and writing about each time period.
Each book comes in a lay-flat binding for drawing ease! Plus these other features:
- Chronological, with an emphasis on Biblical history
- Aimed at ages 8+, but adaptable for younger students
- Highly student-friendly!
— Each drawing is broken down into steps, and each step is shown in color. Starting with Creation, our books teach children how to draw things from history. Each drawing is broken down into steps, and each step is done in color. After each section there is a page of cursive handwriting copywork about that time period.
- An excellent supplement to ANY history curriculum!
- Reusable & non-consumable! Use with a notebook and/or sketch pad.
- Whether you use the classical, Charlotte Mason, or traditional text-book method, your students will retain more of what they have learned by drawing and writing about each time period.
- Great for birthdays, homeschool or private school classrooms!
Book 1: Creation Through Jonah – includes:
- Wooly mammoths
- Pyramids and the Sphinx
- Moses and the locusts
- The Trojan horse
- — and more!
About the Author and Illustrator
Carylee Gressman has nearly 20 years of homeschooling experience, a college background in teaching, and a love for children and history. The Gressman family also works for the homeschool art supply company Miller Pads and Paper. They spend their summer traveling to homeschool conferences across the country.
Peggy Dick is the artist. Each step-by-step drawing in the Draw and Write Through History is her illustration work. Peggy is a mother, a pastor’s wife, and a former graphic design artist for Reiman Publications.