Christ’s Last Disclosure of Himself
A Puritan Exposition of Revelation chapter 22
The Lord Jesus Christ’s last statements about Himself are contained in Revelation 22:16-17. In this rare reprint, a Puritan opens and explains this beautiful passage fully, revealing the heart of Christ towards sinners. Puritan evangelistic zeal and love for Christ at its best! Beautiful hardcover with attractive jacket.
These are the final ‘red letter’ verses in the Bible, in which Jesus Christ gave us His last statements about Himself and what He offers to sinners: “I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come.’ And let him that heareth say, ‘Come.’ And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take of the water of life freely.”
Puritan William Greenhill opens and expounds this oft-neglected text, showing the significance of Christ being the root and the offspring of David. And then he clearly and passionately reveals the heart of Christ towards sinners, freely offering the gospel to ‘him that is athirst, and whosoever will come.”
Here is Christ set forth, and here is Puritan evangelism displayed.
Table of Contents
- Christ the Root of All – Revelation 22:16a
- Christ’s Royal Descent – Revelation 22:16b
- Christ the Star – Revelation 22:16c
- The Voice of the Spirit and Bride – Revelation 22:17
- Christ’s Coming – Revelation 22:17
- Of Spiritual Thirsting and Thirsters, 1 – Revelation 22:17
- Of Spiritual Thirsting and Thirsters, 2 – Revelation 22:17
- Christ’s Willingness to Save Sinners, 1 – Revelation 22:17
- Christ’s Willingness to Save Sinners, 2 – Revelation 22:17
- The Water of Life, 1 – Revelation 22:17
- The Water of Life, 2 – Revelation 22:17
- The Water of Life, 3 – Revelation 22:17
About the Author
William Greenhill (1598–1671) was member of the Westminster Assembly and a prominent preacher among Congregationalists. He is also the author of Stop Loving the World and The Sound-Hearted Christian.