Building Godly Character with Older Books
What is it about 19th & 18th century books that gives them such a richness? We began to ask ourselves that question and one answer became increasingly evident: many of the Christian authors in those eras wrote with a more Biblical view of children. The message Building Godly Character with Older Books explains what we have learned in almost three decades since then about why books from those eras are so often richer in content and make a more lasting impact when it comes to character-building.
Not only will your family be enriched by a deeper acquaintance with literature from past centuries, but this message by Dennis Gundersen also explains how parents can make wiser selections from among the literature of today for children.
single Audio CD, 50 minutes
About the Speaker
Dennis Gundersen is the President and owner of Grace & Truth Books, and author of Your Child’s Profession of Faith and Courtship and Dating: So What’s the Difference? He and his wife Naomi have been married since 1976 and have four adult sons, all of whom they homeschooled for the entire duration of their pre-college education. He served as Pastor-Teacher of two different churches in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area from 1984-2009 – Tanglewood Baptist Church of Sand Springs and Grace Bible Church of Tulsa. Dennis teaches at churches and conferences nationwide, and is a visiting professor at the Tlapaneco Bible Institute in Guerrero, Mexico.
Other CD messages of Dennis, found at Grace & Truth Books:
- Helping Your Child Build a Good Conscience
- Courtship and Dating: So What’s the Difference?
- Serving with Love and Loving to Serve
- A Hebrew Boys’s Education in the Time of Christ
- Don’t Scare the Children! Homeschooling and the Fear of the Lord
- Doing Family Worship without being a Bible Scholar
- Kindling a Passion for Missions in a Child’s Heart
- Homeschooling with a Broken Spirit
- Faithful and Flawed Fathers: Abraham and You, Dad