A 17th Century Puritan Curriculum
Why study the Puritans and their education? In this audio workshop, Dennis Gundersen designs to help parents of today re-examine their curriculum goals in light of what godly parents of previous generations regarded as most important to a good education.
Puritan thinking about education was, at many points, 180 degrees from where 20th-century man places the emphasis. Some major areas where those differences stand out and where to look for significant alterations of direction are covered in this seminar.
52 minutes audio play time.
About the Speaker
Dennis Gundersen is the President and owner of Grace & Truth Books, and author of Your Child’s Profession of Faith and Courtship and Dating: So What’s the Difference? He and his wife Naomi have been married since 1976 and have four adult sons, all of whom they homeschooled for the entire duration of their pre-college education. He served as Pastor-Teacher of two different churches in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area from 1984-2009 and continues to preach nationwide, as well as serving as a visiting professor at the Tlapaneco Bible Institute in Guerrero, Mexico.
Other CD messages of Dennis, found at Grace & Truth Books:
- Helping Your Child Build a Good Conscience
- Courtship and Dating: So What’s the Difference?
- A Hebrew Boys’s Education in the Time of Christ
- Don’t Scare the Children! Homeschooling and the Fear of the Lord
- Building Godly Character with Older Books
- Serving With Love and Loving to Serve
- Doing Family Worship without being a Bible Scholar