Our 24 Family Ways
A Family Devotional Guide
Our 24 Family Ways is a parent-friendly, Bible-centered family time resource that seamlessly weaves together devotional interaction with discipleship instruction for the whole family. This is a tool to train your children in the way they should go, teach them Bible truths and principles, train them in Christian character and values, and strengthen their relationship with the Lord.
Our 24 Family Ways is a multi-purpose family devotional guide that will shape hearts in your home for God and his ways. It’s easy to use and hard to forget! Scroll down to see what’s included:
–120 complete family devotionals…five for each of the Ways, in family-ready ARTS outlines.
–24 easy-to-learn family Ways…24 biblical values in six key areas of family life.
— Matching Scripture memory passages…one for each Way, in NIV, NASB, and NKJV
–24 character quality definitions…one for each Way, in child-friendly language.
–25 original screened illustrations…one for each Way, plus one for Proverbs 22:6.
–25 line art coloring pages…make My 24 Family Ways notebooks for each child.
The only thing missing from this whole family devotional guide is you…to open it and use it. Clear instructions and a generous helping of creative ideas and suggestions are included for using the Ways in your family.
About the Author
Clay Clarkson is the father of four wholehearted children, all grown and following God on their own paths of life. He is married to famous author and speaker Sally Clarkson, and they started Whole Heart Ministries in 1994 to help Christian parents raise their children for Christ. He directs the ministry, writes online, and is the author of Educating the WholeHearted Child and Our 24 Family Ways. Clay earned an M. Div. from Denver Seminary, but still studies in the graduate school of parenting.
Our 24 Family Ways are:
- We love and obey our Lord Jesus Christ with wholehearted devotion
- We read the Bible and pray to God every day with an open heart
- We honor and obey our parents in the Lord with a respectful attitude
- We listen to correction and accept discipline with a submissive spirit
- We love one another, treating others with kindness, gentleness, and respect
- We serve one another, humbling thinking of the needs of others first
- We encourage one another, using only words that build up and bless others
- We forgive one another, covering an offense with love when wronged or hurt
- We are thankful to God for what we have, whether it is a little or a lot
- We are content with what we have, not coveting what others have
- We are generous with what we have, sharing freely with others
- We take care of what we have, using it wisely and responsibly
- We are diligent to complete a task promptly and thoroughly when asked
- We take initiative to do all of our own work without needing to be told
- We work with a cooperative spirit, freely giving and receiving help
- We take personal responsibility to keep our home neat and clean at all times
- We choose to be joyful, even when we feel like complaining
- We choose to be peacemakers, even when we feel like arguing
- We choose to be patient, even when we feel like getting our own way
- We choose to be gracious, even when we don’t feel like it
- We do what we know is right, regardless what others do or say
- We ask before we act when we do not know what is right to do
- We exercise self-control at all times and in every kind of situation
- We always tell the truth and do not practice deceitfulness of any kind